Why Choose Holy Redeemer?
We will provide an environment in which students have the opportunity to:
- Maximize their academic achievement
- Grow in our Catholic faith and cultivate a Catholic lifestyle
- Experience respectful community relationships and fellowship
- Recognize the impact of Indigenous cultures in our community
- A small school atmosphere, big school programs, and high academic standards
Holy Redeemer Catholic Jr/Sr High School serves the educational needs of the Edson and area Roman Catholic Community. Since opening in 2003 we have continued to provide an excellent grade 7 - 12 program that has expanded to over 300 students.
Edson is a bustling community on the Yellowhead highway about 200 kilometres west of Edmonton. Coal mining, forestry, and oil and gas exploration are the key employers in this resource-based town. Holy Redeemer is a state of the art school that provides students with high quality high school programs. Our Drama facility is considered the best west of Edmonton; our science labs are fully equipped to facilitate a rich science program; the Industrial Arts room encompasses state of the art woodworking equipment; and our technology is cutting edge. Education programs include: Alberta Education High School Diploma, Alberta Education Knowledge and Employability Certificate, Alberta Education Beyond the Classroom Program, and Special Education Individual Program Plans.
Why Choose Holy Redeemer High?
- Small school atmosphere: in joining HRH you are joining a close-knit community of students, their families and staff.
- Big school programs: programs of study are taught by subject area specialists - gain the depth and breadth of knowledge found in much larger schools
- High Academic Standards & Extensive Scholarship and Awards Program: Extensive and thorough Career and Guidance counseling where students receive regular guidance in completing their high school program successfully; 95%+ graduation rate - well above the Provincial average; gain insight into suitable post-secondary options in order to make appropriate choices now so as to reach your goals.
- Excellent Inclusive Education programs including a Knowledge & Employability Program and the Beyond the Classroom program.
- Active Extra-curricular Sports Program: Cross Country Running, Six-Man Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, Golf, Track & Field - become a Rebel and join a team!
- Acclaimed Drama Program: Annual main stage production in early December every year to sellout audiences; Annual Spring Dessert Theatre with Award Winning One Acts
- Outstanding Visual Arts program showcasing an annual Art Show in the spring
- Extensive Complementary Course Offerings: Advanced Acting, Agriculture, Art, Astronomy, Cosmetology, Drama, Fitness, Foods, Industrial Arts, Photography, Physical Education, Technical Theatre, and seven CTS Strands with over 100 modules to choose from!
- Highly Successful Registered Apprenticeship Program, Green Certificate & Work Experience Opportunities